Tuesday, 11 October 2011
It has been such a great way for the family to share in an activity together, and to have a beautiful, creative, original piece of art!
It's so simple...
- buy a canvas, (already pre-assembled would be easiest, but my family like to make the frame themselves.. if you are looking for a certain size, it will be best to make the frame... but if you are not as picky on size, you can easily buy a pre-assembled piece of canvas)
- buy yourself some acrylic paint (any art store can help you choose the best kind to buy)
- get your family and friends together to help share in the original piece of art you are about to make
- get creative! play around with different brushes, techniques, colours,
- when finished, leave to dry for at least a day, (then make your frame if need be) Hang it up, and wait for the compliments to roll in :)
This is the art made about 4 years ago. It hangs in our dining room, and we constantly get compliments on it.