Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Jewelry Storage



A few years ago I got a mug stand to use to hang my necklaces and bracelets from. This has worked okay, but I never really knew where to display it. There was never enough room in the bathroom, and I don't currently have a dresser. Also it seemed to be a mess so you had to remember what necklace you wanted, so I generally just wore the same ones all the time.

In my bedroom, there is a narrow section of wall in our bedroom between two closets which I have been thinking about how to use it for about 5 years, I had always kept my eye out for a narrow mirror, until I came up with the idea of using a shutter to hang my jewelry on.







Last week I found the perfect shutter from Timeless Materials in Waterloo. After a quick wipe with a damp rag, I hung it on the wall. I also put some screws in to position the shutters at a good angle so that I could hang hooks from.

I guess it should be no surprise that I wear similar colours to those that I decorate with.  I love the result and and I can easily see options as well as remember events that I wore certain ones to.

Now the only question is will my necklaces end up on the floor?



























- Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks great!!!