Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Bathroom Ceiling Transformation


Unfortunately I don't have a 'before' picture, but our bathroom ceiling was pretty gross.  There is no exhaust fan in there.  It had probably been painted with the wrong paint and was peeling, discoloured, uneven and all around gross.

Since its not our primary bathroom, we decided not to install an exhaust fan.  Plus, there is a window if necessary.  I told my Dad that I was thinking about tin tiles.  I thought it would be a good room to do it in since its small and wouldn't cost too much or be too much work installing.

One day he came over with a roll of wall paper - from the discount bin. It had only cost him $5! and he even installed it for me. I put up the trim, caulked it and painted the whole thing - and I love it! I didn't think it would be as obvious as it is - but a lot of people notice it when they come over.

I am glad that my dad was doing the wall papering and not me.  It definitely takes some skill (he has done alot of wall papering over the years) and the ceiling was extra fun since gravity was working against us.

-Lauren

No comments: