Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2011

DIY Holiday Wreaths


I made a typical Christmasy wreath a few years ago and its done me well, but I decided this year I wanted to try something new, something that would last longer than just Christmas, and my plan is that I can continue to change it with the seasons. I made a grapevine wreath. Its pretty simple and minimalistic. It might get some additions but currently I am happy with it and I love that I can also see it inside through the glass window.

(Please excuse my slanty photography skills). The other thing that excites me about my new wreath is how easy and how cheap it was! I used a 40% off coupon from Michaels (you can print them from their website if you don't get their flyers in the mail) and the wreath cost $2.70 including tax!!!! I already had the ribbon and the berries left over from other projects! I looped the ribbon over the wreath and used a tack in the top of the door. EASY and FABULOUS!

I still had my 'old' wreath hanging around, so I hung it on my garage.

I noticed that you can buy basic wreaths made from fresh pine branches - I think I will have to try that one year - you would smell it every time you walked in the door!

Do you have a wreath? Get a new one every year? Have the same one up all year? Think you might make one this year?

-Lauren

No comments: